Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Armies of Arcana House Rules

As I mentioned in yesterday's battle report, my last game of Armies of Arcana brought with it my critical mass moment - the moment I realized I'd played the Rules As Written enough to form opinions on what I wanted to add or change.

The core of the system will remain untouched for the most part. The only major rule I'm fiddling with (and this has been a house rule from the outset, actually) is to make Missile Immunity somewhat less powerful. The remainder of my house rules are really additions to the system, incorporating some of my favorite elements from Fantasy Warriors: pre-battle scouting (and its effect on terrain placement and army deployment), boasts, omens, time of day and bad light, and a rational victory system (which incorporates elements from the AoA Meeting Engagement scenario as well).

I'm looking forward to giving these additions a whirl at some point in the near future. I've promised myself I won't play another game until I've finished my river tiles, so it might be a little bit, but when it does happen I'll be sure to post pictures and thoughts as always!

Til then, if you want to take a look at my house rules just click on the nekkid necromancer below:

3 comments:

  1. I'll be trying a couple those out methinks B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O4E: Let me know how it goes!

    Christian: It's one of my all-time favorites for sure. How can you beat a necromancer riding an undead troll? She's from Hasslefree Miniatures, who are always all-around excellent. When I came across the figure in the process of putting my army together I knew I'd found my general.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...