Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Starting a Miniatures Gaming Club

Pictured: where I hope to get one day.
I admin my local tabletop gaming Meetup group. It started out as RPG-only, but when I took over adminning, I opened it up to miniatures gamers as well (due to my old-fashioned ideas of RPGs and wargaming being two sides of the same hobby coin). We've had a good number of miniatures gamers sign up, but no one's really stepped up to get anything going by way of regular meetings.

 And so, on top of my other hobby and work-related commitments, I've been thinking of jump-starting an (initially) monthly miniatures gaming club. I'm currently in the process of finding a suitable public space to hold meetings, but beyond that I'm a bit in the dark. I've never been a member of any kind of gaming club, miniatures or otherwise. I know these sorts of clubs seem to be pretty regular in the UK and parts of the US, so I thought I'd put out a general call and see if any of my readers have pointers to blog posts or other resources that might cover some "best practices" for setting up and running a miniatures gaming club. Or, if you have personal experience with same, feel free to sound off in the comments.

 Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...